Warranty and Repair
CF Burkheimer Fly Rods are warrantied to the registered original owner for life. Accidents or misuse are not covered under this warranty. However, if a mishap takes place resulting in a broken section, CF Burkheimer will repair or replace the part for a nominal fee.
- Single Hand Rods: tips and mid-sections – $50 / butt sections – $75
- Double Handed Rods: tips and mid-sections – $75 / butt sections – $150
- Broken guide replacement $25 each
- Return shipping on all rods: $25
What do I do if I break a rod?
Follow this link to our Warranty Repair Form and fill it out completely.
Include a check, money order, or credit card information when you ship the rod. This payment will cover the repair costs, return shipping costs and insurance charges. Please do not send cash.
Send the entire rod back to us, including the broken section(s). Package it in a sturdy box or tube, CF Burkheimer will not be responsible for any rods broken in transit. Please include the Warranty Repair Form and payment.
Repairs are a huge priority for us and we do everything in our power to return the rod promptly. Average repair time is two to three weeks. Please inform us if you need the rod sooner, we will work hard to expedite the repair and get it back to you as quickly as possible.
We make every effort to match the original color of your rod blank when building replacement parts, but slight color variations are a possibility. This has no effect on action or structural integrity.
Shipping charges for international repairs or expedited returns will be addressed and billed on a case by case basis.
International customers please clearly mark all custom forms that you are shipping an item back for repair. We will refuse shipment on all packages not clearly stated as United States customs charges duty for unmarked packages.
Please address all rod returns to:
CF Burkheimer Fly Rod Company
2001 Main Street
Washougal, Washington 98671
Along with doing warranty and repair work, we will do upgrades and changes if desired. The following is a list of available procedures and the costs for each. We can do almost anything you might want done to a rod so please give us a call with the particulars. We'll do our best to accommodate you.
- Switching reel seat from up-lock to down-lock or vice versa $100 on metal seats and $175 on wood or cork seats
- Reel seat upgrade, switching aluminum to wood inserts $175
- Extended barrel reel seat to fit the older Hardy reel foot $175
- Name removal $25-$50 (depends on number of characters and area covered)
- Name added to existing rod $25