Call it whatever you like. We call it the best 11 1/2 foot two hander the world has ever seen.
C.F. Burkheimer has got you covered.
Burkheimer on Facebook
C.F. Burkheimer has officially joined the social media age. Check out our page on facebook and click the "Like." button.
We'll be using our facebook page to keep you up to date on all that is happening with the C.F. Burkheimer shop, the newest rods, travel opportunities and our incredible Pro-Staff.
We'll see you there!
Dear Friends and Family of CF Burkheimer Fly Rod Company,
As the Washougal River rises with the winter rains we find ourselves at the end of another exciting year. Late December storms have forced us off the river, but the high water has given us time to reflect on 2011's achievements--achievements made possible by your continued support for CF Burkheimer, and our shared passion for the sport of fly fishing. Every year has its triumphs but we feel 2011 has been especially good to everyone associated with our company and our rods.
Some highlights from 2011 include:
- The development of a new line of species specific Saltwater rods.
- The development of a new line of 5 piece two-handed rods.
- Record sales for our 8134-4, 7134-4, 5115-4, 590-4DAL and 695-4DAL
- The success of the CF Burkheimer Casting and Fishing Schools
- The success of C F Burkheimer hosted trips
Next year will be as exciting as the last:
- 2012 starts out with the Winter Steelhead Schools on the Clackamas organized by head CF Burkheimer Guide Nate Koenigsknecht. Dates; Jan 14th, Jan 28th, Feb. 10th
- With spring comes an opportunity to fish for spring run steelhead and salmon in British Columbia with C.F. Burkheimer Instructional Pros Brian Styskal and Nate Koenigsknecht. Dates to be announced.
- In the fall, Brian Styskal and Kerry Burkheimer will host a summer-run steelhead fishing clinic at the Bear Claw lodge in British Columbia. Dates to be anounced
- We’re also pleased and excited to announce the development of several new Single and Two-Handers for the coming year. We’ll be introducing these rods in stages over the next several months. Stay in touch with us, these are going to be great sticks!
We always love to chat with the people out there fishing our rods. Call or email us anytime with any questions you have about rods, classes, trips, lines, etc. Make sure to stay tuned to our blog at: http://cfbflyrods.com/category/blog/ to get the latest news on all things CF Burkheimer.
We hope this letter finds you well as the sun sets on 2011. Best wishes for the upcoming year, we look forward to your phone calls and emails, and look forward to seeing you on the river. May your waters run clear and be filled with big fish.
Kerry and Marianne Burkheimer
The CF Burkheimer Crew
Our Conservation Staff Specialist Jay Nicholas has posted his review of the 7115-4. Seems that he is quite a fan of this rod, and has fished it for King salmon and steelhead. Jay's objectivity might be shaky, and his technical expertise is, as he states, "about average." That said, his time spent fishing the 7115-4 for Chinook and steelhead, with a pretty weird variety of fly lines, has opened even our eyes to some possibilities for this rod that we had come to overlook. Fishing this rod for Kings is a little beyond what we would normally recommend. Then too, we prefered this rod for Scandi Compact lines over Skagit lines and tips. But Jay's pestering and rave reviews have prompted us to re-think our preconceived notions. I took to the river recently with a box of lines and a fresh perspective. Just goes to show how we can all learn from each other. To read Jay's full review, visit his blog: Fishing With Jay